- To serve the individual from early childhood through to and including adulthood.
- To offer basic education as well as life and job skills to prepare for adulthood.
- Improved individualized therapy and education aligned to each child’s unique needs.
- Professional support system for parents.
- A 24/7 facility with integrated services.
- A facility for individuals of all ages where they can live and learn.
- The best qualified staff who subscribe to our values and beliefs.
- The infrastructure that will support and facilitate the above.
- To be financially healthy but accountable.
Long term dream
Our dream at BSA is to own our own school building and premises, in order to provide our learners with autism-specific facilities.
Short term goals
- To create a sensory room.
- To appoint more teachers and assistants to accommodate the learners at a 4 :1 child : teacher ratio.
- To upgrade our playground (paving, nets for shade).
Our wish list
Any materials that you can donate from the following wish list will be much appreciated:
We are still in die process of creating a specific, autism-friendly environment for our learners.
Any financial contributions towards the salary of BSA’s teachers and assistants would be greatly appreciated! We are a registered PBO organisation and therefore your contributions are tax deductible.
We want to put artificial grass on our playground (+-20m x 8 m), panel heaters, photocopier, spandex hammock, frog swing, vacuum cleaner, air conditioning for the building.
- Ink Cartridges HP650 (Black & Colour)
- A4 Laminating Pouches
- Coloured Paper
- White Board Markers
- Plastic Filing Sleeves
- White A4 Paper for Printing
- Black Hard Cover Books
- A4 Paper printed on one side also welcome!
- Reading book series (Gr.1-7) in Afrikaans and English
Our dream is to have an interactive white board set up in each classroom. This will help the children to learn more visually and make learning easier for them!
The Apple iPad has amazing apps available for Autistic learners – they help with communication, social skills and have wonderful motivational software available. It would be a dream come true if a company can donate an iPad for each child (we currently have 20 enrolled learners).
- Small Fan Heaters
- 42 inch TV
- A Big White Camping Table (Folding 1.2m, 1.8m or any other size)
- A Small Stainless Steel Urn
- Office chairs with wheels
- Beanbags (to sit on)
- Puzzles (4-200 pieces)
- 10 x 10m Thick Foam Rubber for underneath the jungle gym
- Coolaroo Shades
Sponsor a school uniform or school fees
Not all of our children can afford their school uniforms. You can sponsor a child’s summer and winter school uniform.
Any financial contribution towards needs-specific materials used to foster independence and self help skills amongst our learners are always needed.