- Children with Autism require specialised/individualised schooling and care.
- One out of 88 children in South Africa and 1 out of 68 children worldwide is currently diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum.
- Only 1% of these children end up in an Autism Specific School.
- The diagnoses are increasing by 500% per year.
- There are 4 times more boys/men than girls/women with Autism.
- Autism is independent of race, culture, standard of living.
- The cause of Autism is still widely debated.
- Caring for individuals with autism is very expensive.