Our Dream & Wish List
- To serve the individual from early childhood through to and including adulthood.
- To offer basic education as well as life and job skills to prepare for adulthood.
- Improved individualized therapy and education aligned to each child’s unique needs.
- Professional support system for parents.
- A 24/7 facility with integrated services.
- A facility for individuals of all ages where they can live and learn.
- The best qualified staff who subscribe to our values and beliefs.
- The infrastructure that will support and facilitate the above.
- To be financially healthy but accountable.
Long Term Dream
Our dream at BSA is to own our own school building and premises, in order to provide our learners with autism-specific facilities. To build a hostel and make provision for learners who live too far to be day scholars.
Short Term Goals
- To move to a bigger building to be able to accommodate more than 40 children.
- To appoint more teachers and assistants to accommodate the learners at a 4 :1 child : teacher ratio.
- To provide transport for children travelling from Stellenbosch, Tulbagh, Kraaifontein, Wellington and Worcester.
Our Wish List
Any materials that you can donate from the following wish list will be much appreciated:
We are growing fast and will need to move our premises soon! Anyone who knows of premises in or around Paarl to help us build a new school please get into contact with us!
Any financial contributions towards the salary of BSA’s teachers and assistants would be greatly appreciated! We are a registered PBO organisation and therefore your contributions are tax deductable.
We want to put artificial grass on our playground (+-20m x 8 m), heaters, photocopier, spandex hammock, frog swing, vacuum cleaner.
Stationery – e.g. play dough, paint, printer ink, pens, etc.
Reading book series (Gr.1-7) in Afrikaans and English.
Our dream is to have an interactive white board set up in each classroom. This will help the children to learn more visually and make learning easier for them!
The Apple ipad has amazing apps available for Autistic learners – they help with communication, social skills and have wonderful motivational software available. It would be a dream come true if a company can donate an ipad for each child (we currently have 20 enrolled learners).
Mini bus and funding for a responsible driver to help our learners who travel from Stellenbosch, Kraaifontein, Tulbagh, Wellington and Worcester every day.
Sponsor a school uniform or school fees
Not all of our children can afford their school uniforms. You can sponsor a child’s summer and winter school uniform.
Any financial contribution towards needs-specific materials used to foster independence and self help skills amoungst our learners are always needed.